Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/threemoneymethod/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
By continuing to read, you are agreeing that:
- You have a domain name.
- You have a web hosting account.
- You have posted a comment here on ThreeMoneyMethods.
If you do keep reading, and you don’t have these things, then please do it… or hire someone to do it for you.
So, you have a domain name and hosting, yes?
Get those steps done.
Either follow the videos, or hire someone to do the steps for you.
Then come back to this page.
SO you have a domain and hosting account?
Congratulations! You did what 95% of people DON’T do.
YOU took action!
WAY TO GO!
Seriously. Give yourself a little pat on the back.
It may have been frustrating at GoDaddy, or with the hosting, or with changing over the DNS.
But you did it! WAY TO GO!
– Okay, so next –
You are now going to build a web page. In steps 4 and 5, you will upload the page to your server.
(No freaking out, okay?)
Here’s what you need:
- An FTP program (FileZilla is great, and FREE!)
- Your FTP Address, Username, and Password (Get these from your host)
- A WYSIWYG editor (that stands for What You See Is What You Get. I’ll explain in a minute.)
An FTP program
(As mentioned, FileZilla is great, and FREE!)
Once you have downloaded and installed Filezilla…
Get the following from your web host
- FTP Address
- FTP Username
- FTP Password
Either call/email and ask your web host, or log in to your hosting control panel and find your FTP address.
This space in your control panel should also let you set up a NEW FTP Username and Password.
Otherwise, just call/email/web chat your web host and ask for those three pieces of information.
A WYSIWYG editor
WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get.
Use the search on your computer.
Do you have
- Microsoft Office FrontPage, or
- Microsoft ExpressionWeb, or
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
If you have none of those, here’s a place where you can download an open source WYSIWYG editor for free
– Okay. You now have all of those. –
It’s Knowledge time:
(Again, no freaking out. Just read and absorb, and then come back to this when you’re doing it.)
The default page in any folder on any web site is:
- index.htm, then
- index.html, then
So when you go to most web sites and you type in www.WHATEVER.com, you’re actually seeing either index.html, or index.htm or index.php.
- Go to http://www.google.com, and then
- http://www.ThreeMoneyMethods.com, and then
See how they’re the same page?
Here’s the quick overview of what we are going to do next.
- Build your index page, on your computer, in your WYSIWYG editor.
- Save it, on your computer, in a folder you can find.
- Save the file as index.html
Then, in step 4, you will do the following:
- Open your FTP program.
- FTP (connect) to your hosting account. (This may take a minute to figure out, but you can do it! You will need to put in your FTP address, your user name, and your password.)
Then, in Step 5, you will do the following:
- Upload the index.html page from your computer to your public web directory in your hosting account.
- (This could be called /web or /htdocs or /public_html, depending on where you’re hosting.)
- Then, go to www.WhateverYouCalledYourNewWebsite.com.
- Then, go to www.WhateverYouCalledYourNewWebsite.com/index.html
Sounds complicated, right?
You’ll see once you’ve done it a couple of times.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
Just work your way through it.
Take it one step at a time.
You are learning the most basic skills for making money online.
You can thank me later.
For now, get to work.
Follow the steps.
Make it happen.
You can do this.